We’re marking the first day of spring by launching our Cocktail of the Month series, because the season of fresh starts calls for celebrating with fresh sips.
While researching the best in quintessential spring cocktails, we stumbled across a pitcher-perfect Strawberry Basil Margarita recipe, courtesy of the culinary pros at The Kitchn.
- 1 Can (12 oz.) Frozen Limeade Concentrate
- 10 Strawberries
- 8 Basil Leaves
- 2 to 2.5 Cups Tequila (Gold or Silver)
- Empty Limeade Concentrate can into pitcher
- Add 2.5 cans of water and 1.5 (18 oz. or 2.25 cups) cans of Tequila
- Hull Strawberries, slice lengthwise and add to pitcher
- Crumple Basil Leaves gently in your hands to help release their flavor and add to pitcher
- Cover pitcher and place in your refrigerator overnight or at least for four hours
Click below to watch our resident bartender in action:
In addition to quenching a thirst for spring flavors, this cool, colorful concoction packs instant inspiration for spring settings – you’ll want a place to get your drink on, after all. Fortunately, our recipe for creating a seasonal space is just as easy to master as the margaritas, and it only takes four ingredients, too: a spot to sip drinks, a spot to serve drinks, plus festive lighting and accessories.
Whether entertaining in your kitchen, living or dining room, whether you’re more comfortable at the table, counter or bar, choose stools, chairs, benches and ottomans that feature natural materials, bright hues or playful forms.